So we have reached a new decade. This is a perfect time to see what I accomplished in the last decade. Everyone is doing this, so I thought I would join the party. DECADE CHALLENGE. 10 years ago! Back to the day of January 1st 2010. “How old?”, you ask. I was 11 years, 5 month and 29 days old… I was 4200 days old… I was 100800 hours old… I WAS 6048000 minutes old.
Always have to be dramatic. You know me! Here we go:
- 1st place in The American National Championship in the category of stunts (I was a flyer)
- I shot a pistol with my dad for the first time
- I won Homecoming Queen for Little League football and cheerleading
- I graduated from elementary school
- Dressed as Jasmine, my favorite Disney Princess, for Halloween
- Cut my hair to look like Selena Gomez
- All I can think of at the moment…
Nor sure what happened in 2011
- Went to Key West for the first time
- I sang in a talent show and then 🤮
- On January 12th, we lost my very first pet, Rocky Balboa O’Brien.
- We got our first dog, Mocha Cappuccino O’Brien
- My little cousin Brody was born
- My Nana passed away
- The only sophomore to make it on the High School Varsity cheer team
- Became besties with my bestie hanner
- Bayside won all but one game the whole season! (Never happened again)
- Went to my very first concert! Cody Simpson
- Then my second concert, Taylor Swift!
- Came up with the greatest hand shake of all time with my best friend❤️
- Won something at the Titusville Film Festival
- Became Cheer Captains with my Bestie
- Won some stuff at the Titusville Film Festival
- I graduated from Bayside High School
- Started College at Eastern Florida State College
- Saw Shawn Mendes for the first time, front row!
- Saw Meghan Trainer in concert
- Made my first and last Triller… y’all probably have no idea what that is at this point. It’s TikTok but older.
- Started to become close with my bestie Max
- Saw Wicked The Musical for the first time!
- Did my first sunrise bible study
- Saw a Dalmatian for the first time!!!
- Realized my little cousin Tristan was taller than me😭
- Had my grandparents surprise 50th Anniversary party
- Watched my childhood BestFriend graduate from high school
- Went to Key West with the family
- Saw my ultimate favorite band for the 1st time! Twenty One Pilots!
- Saw Shawn Mendes for the second time
- Went to Halloween Horror Nights for the first time
- Went to my first Comic-Con
- Graduated with my Associates Degree.
- Got accepted to University of South Florida
- Started my Bachelors at USF
- Moved into my first apartment with my BestFriend
- Made my first home cooked meal by myself
- Went to my first college party (a Pike party… very scary lol)
- Wrote one story for the USF Newspaper, “The Oracle”. Didn’t really like that job.
- Became a waitress
- Joined a sorority!
- Got my amazing Big, Miranda and Twin, Chloe.
- Got the position as Ritualist (sub-committee)
- Jumped into the ocean off a boat, miles and miles and miles out! Like where shark are!
- Went to a club for the first time! Successfully did not get roofied
- Did my first backflip on a trampoline
- Died my hair blonde
- Got an internship with Focus Magazine
- Tried escargot for the first time.. GROSS
- Went to Disney’s Not So Scary Halloween for the first time
- Won our flag football season!
- Saw Twenty One Pilots for the third time!
- My Poppy passed away
- Got an internship with WFLA Daytime
- Got my three beautiful Littles! Sierra, Jordan and Allyson!
- I also got a G-Little, Devin!
- I got my Boy Big, Alec as well!!
- Received a committee position as Fundraising chair in my sorority. Raised over $50,000 for Preventing Child Abuse in America
- Coached a fraternity for Putting On The Hits with my little Allyson (Choreographed MOST of it by myself-I am not a dancer… so that’s GOOD for me. We also got 1st!)
- I rode a mechanical bull for the first time (20 seconds, I think)
- Went to Gasparilla. A pirate parade in Tampa
- Went to the hospital for the first and second time ever… kidney stones and broken toe…
- Volunteered at Feeding Tampa Bay for the first time
- Was in a wing eating contest. Found out my gag reflexes suck worst than I thought…
- Met Time-flies on accident
- Saw 3OH!3
- Went on my first cruise and second cruise!
- Went out of the country for the first time to Bahamas, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman
- Met Stephen Amell (The Arrow)
- Met Lana Parilla ( The Evil Queen in Once Upon a Time)
- Turned 21!!!
- Did Goat Yoga for the first time
- Rode electric scooters for the first time since I was 6
- Became a part of the Executive Board for National Student Leadership Society
- Became an Alum for NSLS
- Became a Sigma Delta Tau Alum
- Graduated from USF with Mass Communication Bachelors Degree
- Moved out of my apartment back home to Palm Bay to figure out my life
- wrote my first blog post
- Applied as a Flight Attendant for Delta and….. 50 other jobs hahaha!
I feel like even while starting the decade at a young age, I did pretty darn good! I participated in so many philanthropic events that I didn’t include because there was way too many. I also probably left out a bunch of things that I am sure my mom will point out in the comments! Share your most memorable moment from the last decade in the comments!